Seymour June 26- 9:25 AM – The weather continued is nasty ways by dumping over 1 ½ inches of rain early Sunday morning and along with a strong storm cell made a general mess of things at Seymour Raceway Park. The result is cancelling the weekly racing program along with the Badger Midgets / Micro 600 Sprints for tonight, Sunday June 26.
This will also postpone the “Life In The Past Lane” book signing event with Joe Verdegan as well, this for the second time this year.
Everything is pretty much under water right now and the hot, humid, cloudy weather will not be good for any drying to take place.
This is the fourth rain out this season.
SRP and Badger officials are looking for an available date to reschedule. Also working with Joe Verdegan to re schedule the book signing event.
Next week will bring in the Budweiser Summer Holiday Classic series which will feature the 50th Anniversary tour for the IRA Sprints along with the first appearance for the IMCA Modifieds. Rounding out the night will be the IMCA Sport Mods.
“Challenge in the Northwoods” first at track since 1974
By Bryan Gapinski
The 600 micros are also on the evening’s events and will feature a co-sanctioned event by the POWRi North Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micro Series presented by Cab Construction & Badger 600 Micro Series presented by My Race Pass. Norm Ehrke aims for his third straight feature victory.
SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK, TODAY, SUNDAY June 19
Seymour, June 19- It looks like another beautiful night is on the way for a full night of racing at Seymour Raceway Park.
Happy Fathers Day to all out racing dads.
SRP is proud to have GSR Racing Supplies as the nights sponsor, and title sponsor for the Kids Club Bike Give away tonight at intermission. Joining the Kids Club is free and you can register for the bikes and other activites every race night.
This week will feature our three regular divisions.
IMCA Sport Mods
Coors Light IMCA Stock Cars
Pit opens at 3
Grandstand at 4
Racing at 6 PM.
Next week, Sunday June 26,the Badger Midgets and Micro 600 Sprints will join the regular program. The Badger midgets are one of the oldest sanctioning bodies in the country and will be making a rare trek away from their home track in Sun Prairie. This will be a full point event for both divisions.
The Month of July will be a busy one with the kick off being the Budweiser Summer Holiday Classic series on Sunday, July 3rd. With the first race of the series rained out on Memorial Day, the IMCA Modifieds will be running here for the first time in 2016. The event will see the Modifieds running a 30 lap feature with a $2000 pay day. The event will be IMCA sanctioned.
Joining the big event. The IRA Outlaw Sprint Cars will be bringing their 50th Anniversary tour to Seymour Raceway Park for their only appearance in 2016. Their main event will also see 30 of the quickest laps run during the season here. Their last visit back in 2014 saw the feature go flag to flag in just under 8 minutes.
Filling out the evening will be our regular IMCA Sport Mod division running a regular point night.
The July 10th program will see the Grand National Stock Cars join the regular SRP weekly program. It has been a couple years since the division has run here, and should be an exciting night.
The Vintage Milwaukee Stock Car Racing Association will return to SRP on Sunday July 17th.
The WDLMA Late Models will invade the banked 1/3 mile clay oval at SRP on Sunday July 24. Their first appearance was supposed to be on the rained out Memorial Day event as well. This event usually blends the best late model pilots in the area for a great night of racing along with our regular program.
Both the July 3 and 24th programs are part of the Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour to help promote organ and tissue donations, so the BIG trophies will be up for grabs once again. We THANK the tour for their continued support.
The end of July will see the NO racing due to the Annual Outagamie County Fair.
Mark your calendars for all of the excitement every Sunday night at Seymour Raceway Park. We appreciate you choosing to spend part of your weekend racing with us.
- SRP TODAY, SUNDAY JUNE 12
- SRP TOMORROW, SUNDAY JUNE 12
- TEST AND TUNE TONIGHT, TUESDAY JUNE 7
- WEATHER BLOWS OUT SRP, AGAIN
- SRP - TONIGHT - Sunday June 5th
- SRP RAINED OUT
- SRP BUDWEISER SUMMER HOLIDAY CLASSIC TONIGHT, SUNDAY MAY 29
- SRP opener NEXT week.... Practice TODAY
- SRP Season Opener postponed, until Sunday May 22/ Practice today Sunday May 15 3 - 6
- Pactice canelled wednesday Season Opener still set for Sunday May 15
- Test and Tune TODAY Sunday May 8
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK SAYS...
- Test & Tume Sunday May 8 - 5 - 8
- April 30 update
- MEETING TONIGHT
- TEST & TUNE THIS SUNDAY MAY 1 AT RACEWAY PARK
- SRP MEETINGS THIS TUESDAY APRIL 26
- March 10 update
- OPEN MEETING TONIGHT JANUARY 25
- January 25th meeting info
- OPEN MEETING MONDAY JANUARY 25TH
- UPDATE JANUARY 15, 2016
- Merry Christmas
- N.E.W. DIRT/SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY STATUS
- 2015 Seymour Speedway Season Wrap Up
- Banquet Saturday November 14 - reminder
- 2015 BANQUET INFORMATION
- Drivers payoff
- NO Race in Seymour this week, September 20, Championships final after last race
- URGENT NOTICE NO RACE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6
- Last Race THIS Sunday
- Final Race this Sunday, September 6th
- Point Battles AMP UP Tonight at Seymour
- 2nd Last race tomorrow, Sunday August 30, at Seymour
- Point races Tight Heading into final 2 weeks
- Last Practice TONIGHT
- IT'S RACE DAY, TODAY, IN SEYMOUR
- BIG Race Sunday in Seymour
- Giddy Up Western Wear Kids Club Sponsor Sunday
Page 1 of 40