SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY URGENT NEWS RELEASE
Seymour, September 5- Due to a situation that came up last week, we have now found out we cannot get it resolved by tomorrow, Sunday, September 6.
We have to cancel the racing program for tomorrow night at the Seymour Speedway.
Due to this being the final night and with four point battles so tight, we will run the final race on Sunday night, September 20, at the regular times.
Please pass the word.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
More information will be posted later.
N.E.W. DIRT Board
Seymour, September 3- The final race of the season will take place this Sunday, September 6, at the Seymour Speedway.
It has been a very competitive season in all five divisions, with four of the five still too close to call to crown the 2015 track Champions.
Pit opens at 4
Grandstand opens at 4:30
Racing at 6 PM.
Seymour, September 1- N.E.W. DIRT is getting set for the final race of the 2015 season this Sunday, September 6, at the Seymour Speedway.
All five division will see action on the 1/3 mike banked clay oval for the last time this year.
Four of the five divisions will be actively persuing the 2015 track titles.
Travis Van Straten ran to his 8th feature win of the season last week and boasts a 28 point lead over defending champion, Rod Snellenberger heading into this week. If he qualifies for the main event this week, he will clinch his first Seymour IMCA Stock Car title. He was the 2009 IMCA Sport Mod champion. Van Straten has been a dominant figure this season piling up 41 feature wins at Northeastern Wisconsin area tracks.
The Budwesier IMCA Modifieds find Eric Scribner still holding down the top spot with 489 points over Eric Arneson with 482. Mike Wedelstadt had a long day last Sunday, running in the early evening at Oshkosh and finishing second in the feature to secure the King of the Ring title there. He made it back to Seymour in time to make the feature start and finished fifth to remain in third place with 469. Jerry Wilinski is now fourth over his son, Konnor, 464-461. Any problems by the top 2 could give the next three a shot at collecting the track Championship. Only Jerry Wilinski has a Seymour title, 1997 Street Stock.
The Turbo Blue Street Stock division remains a three car battle for the 2015 crown. Allan Schlueter, Jeff Jungwirth and Lexii Ashcraft finished in the top six a year ago and have been on top of the standings all season. They have a combined feature total of 11 wins of the 16 events run this year and it will come down to who finishes best this week to decide it. Schlueter leads with 535, followed by Jungwirth at 530 and Ashcraft at 528. Either one would win their first Seymour title.
The O’Reilly Auto Parts IMCA Sport Mods has been a 2 car race most of the season. Over the first 6 weeks, defending champion, Jeremy Cota, and Lucas Lamberies each won three features. Lamberies used back to back wins at the end of June to open a lead. Cota has collected the last four features and last week, reclaimed the lead in the title chase by only 1 point over Lamberies. The pair have run close all season and it will come down to the final checkered flag to decide this years champion.
The 4 Cylinders will be decided among three drivers this week. Kasey Gross is still holding the lead with 526 points, over a tie for second place at 511 between Carl King and Tyler Huingerford. Tanner Westphal was in the thick of the battle until a DNF last week drops him just out of the hunt. Gross ran to his 4th win of the year last week to remain in the top spot. King has 2 wins this season and Hungerford one. They have run together pretty much all season and it will come down to a bit of luck as well to decide this title chase.
The Thunder Trucks will make their final appearance this week as well.
If the title chases are not enough reason, the racing has been very competitive all season in all divisions. Three, four and five wide racing on most nights, with last lap passes for feature wins has been the norm.
We hope to see you this week, to celebrate the final Holiday weekend of the summer, and catch the final race of the 2015 season Sunday night at the Seymour Speedway.
- Point Battles AMP UP Tonight at Seymour
- 2nd Last race tomorrow, Sunday August 30, at Seymour
- Point races Tight Heading into final 2 weeks
- Last Practice TONIGHT
- IT'S RACE DAY, TODAY, IN SEYMOUR
- BIG Race Sunday in Seymour
- Giddy Up Western Wear Kids Club Sponsor Sunday
- Seymour Ready for Late Models on Sunday
- Summer Holiday Classic Finale this Sunday, August 23, at Seymour
- Fann Appreciation TODAY, Sunday, August 16 at Seymour
- All Set for tomorrow night at Seymour
- $5.00 admission Sunday at Seymour
- Fan Appreciation Night Sunday at Seymour
- Practice TONIGHT
- Busy day set for today, Sunday August 9
- Important update for August 9
- Speedway ready for tomorrow, Sunday, August 9
- Kids Club Coint Toss this week
- Seymour rained out
- Racing ON tonight
- IRA Update #2 11 AM
- Seymour August 2 UPDATE
- IRA Sprints at Seymour TONIGHT, August 2
- IRA Sprints HERE tomorrow, Sunday August 2
- Racing returns THIS Sunday August 2 at Seymour
- NO RACE TODAY, JULY 26, IRA NEXT AUGUST 2
- Seymour off Sunday, July 26, IRA returns August 2
- Sunday, Race Day in Seymour. WDLMA joins the fun TONIGHT
- Seymour TOMORROW Sunday July 19
- Seymour Schedule Busy the Next 3 Weeks
- Practice TONIGHT
- Seymour TODAY July 12
- Seymour This Week, July 12
- Seymour TONIGHT July 5
- HAPPY 4TH
- Seymour this Sunday July 5
- Updates July 2
- Seymour TODAY June 28
- Seymour Ready for June 28
- Bring DAD to Seymour TONIGHT
Page 2 of 30