IRA SPRINTS AN IMCA MODIFIEDS HIGHLIGHT BUDWEISER SUMMER HOLIDAY CLASSIC AT SRP SUNDAY, JULY 3
Seymour, July 2- Seymour Raceway Park welcomes the Budweiser Summer Holiday Classic this Sunday July 3 to the 1/3 mile baked clay oval located at the Outagamie County Fairgrounds in downtown Seymour Wisconsin.
With the first race of the 2016 series rained out on Memorial Day, this “second” race will feature the only appearance of the Bumper to Bumper IRA Outlaw Sprint Cars for this year, running their 50th Anniversary season.
The IMCA Modifieds will run SRP for the first time in what should be the second leg of the Budweiser Holiday Classic series. The IMCA Sport Mods will be the third division on this weeks program.
The Street Stocks and Coors Light IMCA Stock Cars are off this week.
The Bumper to Bumper IRA Sprint Cars will be running a full program and officials anticipate a full field to travel to SRP Sunday. The race last season was rained out and the IRA return to Seymour in 2014, saw Billy Balog take the feature win on his way to a 7th series title. Balog is hot off his first career WOO Sprint Car series win a week ago in Beaver Dam, and is looking to defend his Seymour win. Their program will be topped by a 30 lap main event, which the last time in 2014, went non stop and took just under 8 minutes to complete.
The tough IMCA Modified division will be running a full program run under a slightly different format in 2016. This is a full IMCA sanctioned event with this installment carrying a total purse over $20,000 up for grabs. The final race of the series will take place on Labor Day weekenbd, Sunday September 4.
The Modifieds will draw for heat position and use passing points to set the feature and other qualifying events. The feature event will be 30 laps with $2000 to the winner.
The IMCA Sport Mods will round out the big night with the events running under normal average system for lineups.
The pit gate opens at 3 PM
Late sign in and draw cut off is 5:15.
Drivers meeting at 5:20
IRA Hot laps 5:30
Followed by IMCA Mod hot laps
IRA Qualifying at 6 PM with racing to follow.
Pit pass $25.00 NO entry fee.
Grandstand opens at 4 PM
Adults 19 – 54 $20.00
Students 13-18 and seniors 55+ $15.00
Kids 12 and under FREE with paid adult.
Running Order (subject to change)
IMCA Sport Mods
IRA Sprint Cars
This is also a Kim Parsons Memorial Tour event, to promote Organ and Tissue donation. with the top three in each feature event receiving one of the much sought after BIG trophies.
Forecast calls for a beautiful day Sunday, so no excuse to pack up the car and head to Seymour Raceway Park or the opening round of the Budweiser Summer Holiday Classic series.
Seymour June 26- 9:25 AM – The weather continued is nasty ways by dumping over 1 ½ inches of rain early Sunday morning and along with a strong storm cell made a general mess of things at Seymour Raceway Park. The result is cancelling the weekly racing program along with the Badger Midgets / Micro 600 Sprints for tonight, Sunday June 26.
This will also postpone the “Life In The Past Lane” book signing event with Joe Verdegan as well, this for the second time this year.
Everything is pretty much under water right now and the hot, humid, cloudy weather will not be good for any drying to take place.
This is the fourth rain out this season.
SRP and Badger officials are looking for an available date to reschedule. Also working with Joe Verdegan to re schedule the book signing event.
Next week will bring in the Budweiser Summer Holiday Classic series which will feature the 50th Anniversary tour for the IRA Sprints along with the first appearance for the IMCA Modifieds. Rounding out the night will be the IMCA Sport Mods.
“Challenge in the Northwoods” first at track since 1974
By Bryan Gapinski
The 600 micros are also on the evening’s events and will feature a co-sanctioned event by the POWRi North Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micro Series presented by Cab Construction & Badger 600 Micro Series presented by My Race Pass. Norm Ehrke aims for his third straight feature victory.
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK, SUNDAY JUNE 19
- SRP TODAY, SUNDAY JUNE 12
- SRP TOMORROW, SUNDAY JUNE 12
- TEST AND TUNE TONIGHT, TUESDAY JUNE 7
- WEATHER BLOWS OUT SRP, AGAIN
- SRP - TONIGHT - Sunday June 5th
- SRP RAINED OUT
- SRP BUDWEISER SUMMER HOLIDAY CLASSIC TONIGHT, SUNDAY MAY 29
- SRP opener NEXT week.... Practice TODAY
- SRP Season Opener postponed, until Sunday May 22/ Practice today Sunday May 15 3 - 6
- Pactice canelled wednesday Season Opener still set for Sunday May 15
- Test and Tune TODAY Sunday May 8
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK SAYS...
- Test & Tume Sunday May 8 - 5 - 8
- April 30 update
- MEETING TONIGHT
- TEST & TUNE THIS SUNDAY MAY 1 AT RACEWAY PARK
- SRP MEETINGS THIS TUESDAY APRIL 26
- March 10 update
- OPEN MEETING TONIGHT JANUARY 25
- January 25th meeting info
- OPEN MEETING MONDAY JANUARY 25TH
- UPDATE JANUARY 15, 2016
- Merry Christmas
- N.E.W. DIRT/SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY STATUS
- 2015 Seymour Speedway Season Wrap Up
- Banquet Saturday November 14 - reminder
- 2015 BANQUET INFORMATION
- Drivers payoff
- NO Race in Seymour this week, September 20, Championships final after last race
- URGENT NOTICE NO RACE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6
- Last Race THIS Sunday
- Final Race this Sunday, September 6th
- Point Battles AMP UP Tonight at Seymour
- 2nd Last race tomorrow, Sunday August 30, at Seymour
- Point races Tight Heading into final 2 weeks
- Last Practice TONIGHT
- IT'S RACE DAY, TODAY, IN SEYMOUR
- BIG Race Sunday in Seymour
Page 4 of 44