RACING RESUMES AT SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK THIS WEEK, SUNDAY, AUGUST 7
Seymour, August 5- Racing is set to return to Seymour Raceway Park this Sunday, August 7, with a full weekly program featuring the Coors Light IMCA Stock Cars. IMCA Sport Mods and Street Stocks on the banked 1/3 mile clay oval.
The track has been quiet the past three weeks with 2 rain outs and the fair last week. Everything is back in place and set to go for Sundays racing program.
Pit gates open at 3 PM
Grandstand at 4
Racing at 6 PM.
There have been some changes made to the remaining races on the 2016 schedule.
Anyone that has followed the racing at Seymour Raceway Park this season knows the issues the track has had with weather. There have only been 4 full programs run in 2016. The rest lost to weather.
As a result, in an effort to complete the entire schedule, the remaining five races will be regular programs with just the three weekly divisions.
The special events that were on the schedule had to be, reluctantly, cancelled for this season. The Badger Midgets, Micro 360 for this week, Plymouth Super Mods, Corn Belt Clash Late Models and the Modifieds on September 4th will not be running, but the weekly divisions will still be competing.
This was a difficult decision, made by promoter, Dave Panske, following discussions with track staff and the other sanctioning officials. All have faced similar problems this season and supported the move, even though disappointed it had to be made, and look forward to re schedule for 2017.
The weather has been difficult, to say the least, preventing everyone to able to get into a routine for Sunday Nights. Several special divisions had to be rescheduled, only to be rained out again. The track felt the only option was to support the weekly divisions that have supported the track this season, in an effort to get a complete season in for them.
There will be racing every Sunday night for the remaining 5 weeks on the 2016 schedule. All with be full programs featuring the three weekly divisions, Street Stocks, IMCA Sport Mods and Coors Light IMCA Stock Cars.
The races that have been run have been very competitive.
Travis Van Straten has 2 feature wins on the short season with Chas Van Ooyen and Jerry Winkler with one each for the Coors Light IMCA Stock Cars.
Lucas Lamberies became the first repeat winner this season at the last race on July 10 in the iMCA Sport Mods. Other feature winners have been, Travis Arenz, JJ Andersen and Rob Krull.
Four different drivers share the Street Stock victories with Jeff Jungwirth, Gary Kasperek, David Schmidt and Craig Vandewettering in the winners column.
We invite you all back to Seymour Raceway Park for the final weeks of the 2016 season.
Hopefully, the weather pattern has changed for the better, as this Sunday should be a perfect day for racing to resume.
Racing starts at 6 PM every Sunday night.
Seymour, Sunday July 31- Go figure!
No racing today at Seymour Raceway Park because of the Outagamie County Fair, and the weather is going to be perfect.
Oh well. Go out to enjoy the final day of the fair and the full track team demo this afternoon.
Hopefully, the weather today will be permanent on Sundays for the final month of the season.
Racing resumes on the 1/3 mile banked oval next Sunday, August 7 with racing at 6 PM. Kelsey Coatings and 1st Choice Auto Sales team up to sponsor the activities, which includes the Kids Club Coin Toss at intermission.
Looking forward to seeing everyone back next Sunday at SRP.
Seymour July 30- Just a reminder, because the Outagamie County Fair is in Seymour this week, there will be no racing at Seymour Raceway Park on Sunday July 31.
Racing will resume next Sunday, August 7.
Kelsey Coatings and 1st Choice Auto Sales will be sponsoring the program including the Kids Club Coin Toss at intermission.
Racing starts at 6 PM SHARP.
- JUST SAYIN'
- SRP IS RACING TONIGHT, SUNDAY JULY 24
- SRP Sunday July 24
- SRP RAINED OUT TODAY, JULY 17
- SRP OPEN FOR TEST AND TUNE TONIGHT
- Still On Tonight!
- GREAT DIRT TRACK RACING TONIGHT, SUNDAY JULY 10
- SRP UPDATE FOR SUNDAY JULY 10
- SRP Sunday June 10
- BUDWEISER SUMMER HOLIDAY CLASSIC TONIGHT AT SRP
- IRA SPRINTS AND IMCA MODIFIEDS INVADE SRP SUNDAY JULY 3
- SRP WET....AGAIN
- Badger Midgets and Micro 600 join SRP Sunday night
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK, SUNDAY JUNE 19
- SRP TODAY, SUNDAY JUNE 12
- SRP TOMORROW, SUNDAY JUNE 12
- TEST AND TUNE TONIGHT, TUESDAY JUNE 7
- WEATHER BLOWS OUT SRP, AGAIN
- SRP - TONIGHT - Sunday June 5th
- SRP RAINED OUT
- SRP BUDWEISER SUMMER HOLIDAY CLASSIC TONIGHT, SUNDAY MAY 29
- SRP opener NEXT week.... Practice TODAY
- SRP Season Opener postponed, until Sunday May 22/ Practice today Sunday May 15 3 - 6
- Pactice canelled wednesday Season Opener still set for Sunday May 15
- Test and Tune TODAY Sunday May 8
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK SAYS...
- Test & Tume Sunday May 8 - 5 - 8
- April 30 update
- MEETING TONIGHT
- TEST & TUNE THIS SUNDAY MAY 1 AT RACEWAY PARK
- SRP MEETINGS THIS TUESDAY APRIL 26
- March 10 update
- OPEN MEETING TONIGHT JANUARY 25
- January 25th meeting info
- OPEN MEETING MONDAY JANUARY 25TH
- UPDATE JANUARY 15, 2016
- Merry Christmas
- N.E.W. DIRT/SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY STATUS
- 2015 Seymour Speedway Season Wrap Up
- Banquet Saturday November 14 - reminder
Page 2 of 46