Seymour, March 10- With the recent spring type weather quickly dispersing what little winter that is left, staff at Seymour Raceway Park is getting set to attack the new clay surface and start getting the track into race ready shape.
The 2016 season will kick off on Sunday night, May 15 with racing at 6 PM.
New track promoter, Dave Panske, has been at the track since 1984, and this is the first time in memory, that the snow has been gone this early in the spring without grading it off. The frost is also out which is allowing the moisture to settle through the new clay, and has given the track crew the itch to start working the new surface. There has to be some drying out first, but the move will be made as soon as conditions allow.
Activity is also heavy finishing up the season schedule. The slate of 16 events is set, but filling in the sponsors for the season is currently underway.
The Sunday night programs will feature three divisions weekly and will bring in a fourth on most nights. Street Stock, IMCA Sport Mod and IMCA Stock Car divisions will run weekly. Visiting divisions will include INEX Legends, Plymouth Super Mods, Badger Midgets and Mico 600, Grand Natinals, and Milwaukee Vintage Stock Car Racing Association.
The Budweiser Summer Holiday Classic series in 2016 will feature the IMCA Modifieds in a unique three race series, with over $90,000 in posted awards and contingencies. The Memorial Day event will also bring in the WDLMA Late Models for the first of 2 visits to the track this season, along with the Street Stocks.
The 3d of July will have the IRA Outlaw Sprint Cars join the IMCA Modifieds and the IMCA Sport Mods.
The final Holiday Classic event will be on Labor Day weekend and will see the IMCA Modifieds run for the final leg of their series and all three regular divisions will be running for their final points of the season.
The WDLMA Late Models will return for the second time with a full regular program on July 24.
Late Model fans will have a new event this season as the Corn Belt Clash traveling series will take to the 1/3 mile Raceway Park banked oval on August 28. The IMCA Stock cars will be the second division for this event. The race will end a big three race weekend for the Corn Belt series which will kick off on Friday night at the SpeedZone in Oshkosh with the Scheffler Memorial race. The series will travel to Plymouth for a Saturday night event and close out on Sunday night at SRP.
With the much needed new racing surface now in place, the track will hold a pair of test and tune sessions on the first 2 Sundays in May, the 1st and 8th, to allow drivers the opportunity to try out the new surface and allow track personel to see how the track reacts under near race conditions. The goal is to have a problem free program for the opener on May 15.
The new SRP web site will be up and running within the next few days. Final adjustments are being finalized and a bit of fine tuning will be on going.
The local season is rapidly approaching and Seymour Raceway Park is your Sunday Place to Race, where you will see the best NE WI short track professionals complete.
SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK OPEN MEETING TONIGHT
Oshkosh , January 25- The first open meeting for Seymour Raceway Park will be held TONIGHT, Monday January 25, at Doxbee’s Banquet and Buffet just south of Seymour on CTY C. The meeting will start at 7 PM.
Everyone interested in the upcoming 2016 season at SRP is urged to attend.
Details about the entire program will be presented.
Oshkosh, January 20- Just another reminder of the open meeting for Seymour Raceway Park set for this Monday, January 25th.
The meeting will be held at Doxbee’s Banquet and Buffet Hall, 1 mile south of Seymour on Cty C. The meeting will start at 7 PM.
Updates on the track and other facility plans.
Information presented will include the altering of the divisions that will make up the weekly Sunday night programs. Street Stocks, IMCA Sport Mods and IMCA Stock Cars will be the weekly divisions.
IMCA Modifieds will be the top division for the three race Holiday Classic series, which will feature a unique format.
Along with other divisions for the 2016 schedule.
There will be adjustments and additions to the weekly procedures, that will definately be of interest to drivers.
The meeting is open to anyone interested in seeing what Seymour Raceway Park has to offer this season.
- OPEN MEETING MONDAY JANUARY 25TH
- UPDATE JANUARY 15, 2016
- Merry Christmas
- N.E.W. DIRT/SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY STATUS
- 2015 Seymour Speedway Season Wrap Up
- Banquet Saturday November 14 - reminder
- 2015 BANQUET INFORMATION
- Drivers payoff
- NO Race in Seymour this week, September 20, Championships final after last race
- URGENT NOTICE NO RACE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6
- Last Race THIS Sunday
- Final Race this Sunday, September 6th
- Point Battles AMP UP Tonight at Seymour
- 2nd Last race tomorrow, Sunday August 30, at Seymour
- Point races Tight Heading into final 2 weeks
- Last Practice TONIGHT
- IT'S RACE DAY, TODAY, IN SEYMOUR
- BIG Race Sunday in Seymour
- Giddy Up Western Wear Kids Club Sponsor Sunday
- Seymour Ready for Late Models on Sunday
- Summer Holiday Classic Finale this Sunday, August 23, at Seymour
- Fann Appreciation TODAY, Sunday, August 16 at Seymour
- All Set for tomorrow night at Seymour
- $5.00 admission Sunday at Seymour
- Fan Appreciation Night Sunday at Seymour
- Practice TONIGHT
- Busy day set for today, Sunday August 9
- Important update for August 9
- Speedway ready for tomorrow, Sunday, August 9
- Kids Club Coint Toss this week
- Seymour rained out
- Racing ON tonight
- IRA Update #2 11 AM
- Seymour August 2 UPDATE
- IRA Sprints at Seymour TONIGHT, August 2
- IRA Sprints HERE tomorrow, Sunday August 2
- Racing returns THIS Sunday August 2 at Seymour
- NO RACE TODAY, JULY 26, IRA NEXT AUGUST 2
- Seymour off Sunday, July 26, IRA returns August 2
Page 14 of 47