WEATHER BLOWS OUT SRP, AGAIN, SUNDAY JUNE 5TH
Seymour, June 5 – The weather continues to be a real pain, as a severe storm blew through Seymour 15 minutes before race time Sunday afternoon and forced Seymour Raceway Park to cancel their second straight racing program.
The track was notified of the storm warning just before the drivers meeting and the drivers supported the decision to not run the program. Even though the storm was blew through after about 30 minutes, the entire city of Seymour last power, which would have ended any hope of getting any racing in anyway.
The track will re-group, again, and set its sights on next Sunday, June 12, when the INEX Legends will be back for the second time this season, joining the three weekly divisions, Street Stocks, IMCA Sport Mods and Coors Light IMCA Stock Cars for a full night of racing on the 1/3 mile banked clay oval.
There is also a Test and Tune session scheduled for this Tuesday, June 7 from 5 – 8. The forecast for more rain the next couple of days may affect that plan as well. Final decision will be made on Tuesday.
The pit would open at 4:30 on Tuesday with a $15.00 per person pit fee.
The track would also like to THANK the Milwaukee Vintage Racing Association and Plymouth Super Mods for making the trip to SRP for the program.. Both will be back later in the season.
Coming up on the schedule, GSR Racing Supplies will be sponsoring the Kids Club Bike Give away on Fathers Day, June 19. The following week, June 26, the Badger Midgets and Micro 600’s will make an appearance in Northeastern Wisconsin, for the first time in many years at Seymour. This will also be the night for the re-scheduled, Joe Verdegan “Life in the Past Lane” book signing event. Joe will be joined by several veteran Seymour drivers including, Roger Paul, J.J. Smith, Dave Valentyn and Denny Teshke. It will be fun to share stories and get your copy of the book signed.
Despite the tough start to the season, three out of four scheduled events rained out, Seymour Raceway Park would like to THANK everyone for their support. Hoping for some co-operation from Mother Nature on the weekends in the up coming weeks.
SRP TONIGHT, SUNDAY JUNE 5
Seymour, June 5 – 9 AM - The weather continues to be a foe this season and despite heavy rains the past couple days, Seymour Raceway Park is still planning a full program tonight, Sunday June 5th.
Street Stocks, IMCA Sport Mods and Coor’s Light IMCA Stock Cars will be joined by two separate groups of similar cars. The Plymouth Super Mods are a competitive class that compete for a point based payoff. They will run heats and a feature event. The Milwaukee Vintage Cars will also be on hand and will run a couple exhibition races in their restored Milwaukee area modifeds and sprint cars.
The SRP bonuses are in effect. Drivers running the first week are FREE entry this week. Any division with 32 or more cars entered by cut off receive a 10% bonus and the Coors Light IMCA Stock Cars ran their opening night feature flag to flag and received a 10% bonus, which will increase to 20% if they do it again this week.
Pit gates will open at 3 PM
Anyone 14 and up $25. And includes 12 & 13 of age IF driving under certain division rules.
13 and under FREE with all insurance papers filled out and on file.
Late sign in at 5:15.
Drivers meeting at 5:30
Racing at 6 PM.
IMCA Sport Mods
Plymouth Super Mods/ Milwaukee Vintage
Coor’s Light IMCA Stock Cars
Grandstand opens at 4 PM
Adults 18 -54 $13.00
Students 13-17 and Seniors 55+ $9.00
Kids 12 and Under FREE with paid adult
Family Pass $49.00 included 2 adult and 2 student or Senior tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 water or canned soda.
We appreciate you taking time to join our Sunday evening racing at Seymour Raceway Park.
SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK RAINED OUT
Full program with Plymouth Super Mods Next week
Seymour, May 29 10 AM – Rain, Rain, GO AWAY !!!!
Rain continues to plague racing this spring and a wet week still had SRP planning on getting the first round of the Budweiser Summer Holiday Classic in tonight.
It has started raining, AGAIN, and even though it is supposed to get better later today, the decision has been made to cancel tonights program.
Track crews have spent a great deal of time this past week to get the track in shape, and all of the continued rain has started to soften things up again.
The Budweiser Summer Holiday Classic next event will be on Sunday July 3 with the IRA Sprint Cars and IMCA Sport Mods.
The WDLMA Late Models will return on Sunday July 24 with the regular weekly program.
- SRP BUDWEISER SUMMER HOLIDAY CLASSIC TONIGHT, SUNDAY MAY 29
- SRP opener NEXT week.... Practice TODAY
- SRP Season Opener postponed, until Sunday May 22/ Practice today Sunday May 15 3 - 6
- Pactice canelled wednesday Season Opener still set for Sunday May 15
- Test and Tune TODAY Sunday May 8
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK SAYS...
- Test & Tume Sunday May 8 - 5 - 8
- April 30 update
- MEETING TONIGHT
- TEST & TUNE THIS SUNDAY MAY 1 AT RACEWAY PARK
- SRP MEETINGS THIS TUESDAY APRIL 26
- March 10 update
- OPEN MEETING TONIGHT JANUARY 25
- January 25th meeting info
- OPEN MEETING MONDAY JANUARY 25TH
- UPDATE JANUARY 15, 2016
- Merry Christmas
- N.E.W. DIRT/SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY STATUS
- 2015 Seymour Speedway Season Wrap Up
- Banquet Saturday November 14 - reminder
- 2015 BANQUET INFORMATION
- Drivers payoff
- NO Race in Seymour this week, September 20, Championships final after last race
- URGENT NOTICE NO RACE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6
- Last Race THIS Sunday
- Final Race this Sunday, September 6th
- Point Battles AMP UP Tonight at Seymour
- 2nd Last race tomorrow, Sunday August 30, at Seymour
- Point races Tight Heading into final 2 weeks
- Last Practice TONIGHT
- IT'S RACE DAY, TODAY, IN SEYMOUR
- BIG Race Sunday in Seymour
- Giddy Up Western Wear Kids Club Sponsor Sunday
- Seymour Ready for Late Models on Sunday
- Summer Holiday Classic Finale this Sunday, August 23, at Seymour
- Fann Appreciation TODAY, Sunday, August 16 at Seymour
- All Set for tomorrow night at Seymour
- $5.00 admission Sunday at Seymour
- Fan Appreciation Night Sunday at Seymour
Page 7 of 44