Seymour, May 14- Seymour Raceway Park has decided to postpone their 2016 season opener scheduled for Sunday, May 15.
The heavy rains this week have softened up parts of the track and the cold temps are preventing proper drying. Officials did not want to chance having problems with a full race program.
The opener will be pushed back one week, to next Sunday, May 22 with racing starting at 6 PM.
However, the track will open for a test and tune tomorrow afternoon, starting at 3 PM and lasting at least til 6.
Racing laps will help get the track back into shape and give crews another week to learn what the new clay will re-act to.
Pit will open at 2 with test time from 3 – 6?. Cost is $15.00 per person entering the pit.
The grandstand will be open FREE of charge to anyone willing to brave the cold weather
WEDNESDAY PRACTICE CANCELLED AT SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK
SEASON OPENER STILL SET FOR SUNDAY
Seymour May 10- The all day rains today and the forecast for cloudy cool weather for Wednesday have forced Seymour Raceway Park to cancel their scheduled test and tune session for tomorrow, Wednesday May 11.
Plans are still set for the season opener to take place this Sunday, May 15, with the program to begin at 6 PM.
Seymour – May 8 – 9:15 AM-
Seymour Raceway Park is getting set for the 2016 season with the first official event at the track, TODAY, Sunday May 8.
The track will host an open Test and Tune session running from 5 – 8 this evening.
Any division is welcome to come and try out the new clay surface, just for seat time or to set up for the season opener which takes place next Sunday, May 15.
Pit gate will open at 3 PM
Admission is $15 per person.
Brief procedure meeting at 4:45
Track will open at 5 PM and be available at least til 8.
Grandstand will be open FREE to watch.
There will be another open test and tune session held at SRP this coming Wednesday evening, May 11, from 5 – 8. A final chance to get ready for the opener.
Spend this nice Spring day with mom and enjoy part of your evening with us.
Hope you can check us out.
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK SAYS...
- Test & Tume Sunday May 8 - 5 - 8
- April 30 update
- MEETING TONIGHT
- TEST & TUNE THIS SUNDAY MAY 1 AT RACEWAY PARK
- SRP MEETINGS THIS TUESDAY APRIL 26
- March 10 update
- OPEN MEETING TONIGHT JANUARY 25
- January 25th meeting info
- OPEN MEETING MONDAY JANUARY 25TH
- UPDATE JANUARY 15, 2016
- Merry Christmas
- N.E.W. DIRT/SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY STATUS
- 2015 Seymour Speedway Season Wrap Up
- Banquet Saturday November 14 - reminder
- 2015 BANQUET INFORMATION
- Drivers payoff
- NO Race in Seymour this week, September 20, Championships final after last race
- URGENT NOTICE NO RACE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6
- Last Race THIS Sunday
- Final Race this Sunday, September 6th
- Point Battles AMP UP Tonight at Seymour
- 2nd Last race tomorrow, Sunday August 30, at Seymour
- Point races Tight Heading into final 2 weeks
- Last Practice TONIGHT
- IT'S RACE DAY, TODAY, IN SEYMOUR
- BIG Race Sunday in Seymour
- Giddy Up Western Wear Kids Club Sponsor Sunday
- Seymour Ready for Late Models on Sunday
- Summer Holiday Classic Finale this Sunday, August 23, at Seymour
- Fann Appreciation TODAY, Sunday, August 16 at Seymour
- All Set for tomorrow night at Seymour
- $5.00 admission Sunday at Seymour
- Fan Appreciation Night Sunday at Seymour
- Practice TONIGHT
- Busy day set for today, Sunday August 9
- Important update for August 9
- Speedway ready for tomorrow, Sunday, August 9
- Kids Club Coint Toss this week
Page 2 of 38