SEYMOUR RACEAY PARK UPDATE
Oshkosh, January 15 4 PM - After all of the weather delays over the past several weeks, I am very happy to finally report that the NEW CLAY has started to make its way to the track.
Since getting the go ahead in early December, rain and then a foot of snow, kept the plan on hold. With the recent break, the track was plowed off and the work was able to start today.
I have to personally THANK:
Wayne Roffers for all his efforts to get this project going from our first meeting. Co-ordinating everything from the trucks, along with son Chad, and getting the access into the quarry.
Tom Schmidt and Bobby Wanner for working up and now plowing off the track, and the access into and around the fairgrounds for the work to take place.
Jim Swinkle for providing the dozer on such short notice to get everything put into place.
Also the Fair Association for allowing the work to be done while we finish up our contract.
It will take a few more days to get everything completed, but it will make things much easier to get set up for the racing season in a couple months.
There will be an open meeting on Monday evening, January 25, at 7 PM at Doxbee’s in Seymour, to present the plans for Seymour Raceway Park in 2016.
The current Seymour Speedway web site and facebook page will continue to be used as work to change over are completed.
I will post some of the details over the next few days so there is a “Heads Up” prior to the meeting on the 25th.
Once again, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that has helped make this transition possible, and for the personal support from the racing community.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all
Look forward to an EXCITING NEW YEAR.
N.E.W. DIRT/SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY STATUS
December 6, 2015 – There have been many ups and downs over the past 32 years that N.E.W. DIRT has been running the weekly Sunday night racing programs at the Seymour Speedway. Overall, mostly positive.
Until the past couple season, the club has been able to work through the down side of promoting a weekly race track.
If you are a club member, and have been attending the clubs monthly meetings, you should be aware of the problems the club faces. The information has been shared with the membership that does attend, and will not be brought out here.
The financial problems have been present for a few years with a couple members picking up most of the shortfalls.
The Fair Association, which owns the fairgrounds where the track is located in Seymour, notified the club in September, that past rent needed to be brought up to date, or they would look at other options for the facility in 2016. Through several meetings, options were looked at, but there was not a quick fix for the long term problem. At the October election meeting, the board recommended that the Fair Association be notified that there was not a solution for the club and to see what happens. After a discussion, the membership there agreed.
Dave Panske, a founding member of the club and a member for the entire 32 year span, made a proposal to the club that would clean up the mess in exchange for the club assets, which would, in effect, end the clubs run.
A special meeting was called for Monday, November 30. All 155 members were notified, 25 attended, to discuss and vote on the proposal. Discussions brought no new solutions forward. A ballot vote was taken with a 23-2 margin voting to accept the proposal.
Since the vote, there have been several meetings to proceed with the change over.
The main issue right now, is that the track WILL be running in 2016, and beyond, on Sunday nights.
Contract discussions will be finalized shortly, which will prompt an open meeting to present details of what will be happening at the track.
One issue already set in motion, with the warm fall and early winter weather sticking around for awhile yet, There WILL be clay put down yet this year.
This will be an extensive project to finish in the Spring, which will push opening the season back to May.
Many details need to be worked out, and a meeting will be announced ASAP, hopefully before the first of the year.
There will be information available at the Lakeshore Motorsports show in Manitowoc on January 30 as well.
Meeting information will be posted here when available.
Dave can be contacted at 920-231-1157.
- 2015 Seymour Speedway Season Wrap Up
- Banquet Saturday November 14 - reminder
- 2015 BANQUET INFORMATION
- Drivers payoff
- NO Race in Seymour this week, September 20, Championships final after last race
- URGENT NOTICE NO RACE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6
- Last Race THIS Sunday
- Final Race this Sunday, September 6th
- Point Battles AMP UP Tonight at Seymour
- 2nd Last race tomorrow, Sunday August 30, at Seymour
- Point races Tight Heading into final 2 weeks
- Last Practice TONIGHT
- IT'S RACE DAY, TODAY, IN SEYMOUR
- BIG Race Sunday in Seymour
- Giddy Up Western Wear Kids Club Sponsor Sunday
- Seymour Ready for Late Models on Sunday
- Summer Holiday Classic Finale this Sunday, August 23, at Seymour
- Fann Appreciation TODAY, Sunday, August 16 at Seymour
- All Set for tomorrow night at Seymour
- $5.00 admission Sunday at Seymour
- Fan Appreciation Night Sunday at Seymour
- Practice TONIGHT
- Busy day set for today, Sunday August 9
- Important update for August 9
- Speedway ready for tomorrow, Sunday, August 9
- Kids Club Coint Toss this week
- Seymour rained out
- Racing ON tonight
- IRA Update #2 11 AM
- Seymour August 2 UPDATE
- IRA Sprints at Seymour TONIGHT, August 2
- IRA Sprints HERE tomorrow, Sunday August 2
- Racing returns THIS Sunday August 2 at Seymour
- NO RACE TODAY, JULY 26, IRA NEXT AUGUST 2
- Seymour off Sunday, July 26, IRA returns August 2
- Sunday, Race Day in Seymour. WDLMA joins the fun TONIGHT
- Seymour TOMORROW Sunday July 19
- Seymour Schedule Busy the Next 3 Weeks
- Practice TONIGHT
Page 2 of 33