Seymour, May 29 - 8 AM - Seymour Raceway Park is set to host the opening round of the Budweiser Summer Holiday Classic series on the 1/3 mile banked clay oval tonight, Sunday May 29.
The 2016 series is headlined by the IMCA Modified division. The opening night round will feature 24 cars in a 30 lap main event which pays $1500 to the winner. Joining the Holiday Classic lineup will be the WDLMA Late Models, who will run for $1200 in a 40 lap main event. Rounding out the program will be the tracks regular Street Stock division.
The series is proud to be a part of the Kim Parsons Memorial Trophy Tour for 2016. Each race will have the BIG trophies up for grabs. The tour helps promote Organ and Tissue donation, and is promoted by track announcer, Steve Parsons, in memory of his daughter.
The pit gate will open at 3 PM.
The Street Stocks will use the regular point average system.
The Modifieds will draw for heat and use passing points for the feature lineups.
Late Models will draw/redraw.
Pit fee is $25.00.
The grandstand opens at 4PM.
Students 13-18 and Seniors 55+ $15.00
Kids 12 and under FREE with paid adult.
Family Pass $75.00 included 2 adult and 2 student or senior tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 water or soda.
The 2016 Budweiser Holiday Classic Series features a different format from the past. The IMCA Modifieds are competing unique format using USMTS Passing point system for lineups. Each race has a longer feature event to go along with increased payoff for each. There are bonuses for drivers that run all three. The entire program carries a $90,000 total.
The WDLMA Late Models run the Memorial Day program along with the Stret Stock division.
The July 3 program again features the IMCA Modifieds. The Bumper to Bumper IRA Outlaw Sprint Cars bring their 50 th Anniversary Tour to the banked 1/3 mile oval as well. The IMCA Sport Mods are also on the program.
The September 4the program will feature the IMCA Mods, along with the three regular season divisions for the final series and track point nights of the season.
The WDLMA Late Models will make a second appearance with the regular program on Sunday night July 24.
During the season, several other divisions will visit and include the INEX Dirt Legends, Plymouth Super Mods, Grand Nationals and Badger Midgets/Micro Midgets.
Making a first ever appearance to Seymour Raceway Park will be the Corn Belt Clash Late Model touring series on Sunday night August 28. Joing that big night will be the IMCA Stock Car division.
Hope to see you all at Seymour Raceway Park tonight, Sunday May 29 for an exciting night of racing in the Budweiser Summer Holiday Classic series.
Seymour, May 15- Just a reminder….The 2016 Season Opener at Seymour Raceway Park has been postponed tonight because of the extreme weather conditions.
The event is now set for next Sunday, May 22 with racing at 6 PM.
There will be a test and tune session held at the track this afternoon starting at 3 PM. A final chance to shake down or just get seat time before next weeks opener.
Pit gate will open at 2 PM. Cost is &15.00 per person entering the pit. Track will open at 3 and laps can be taken until at least 6, longer if need.
Grandstand will be open to watch for anyone braving the cold weather.
Seymour, May 14- Seymour Raceway Park has decided to postpone their 2016 season opener scheduled for Sunday, May 15.
The heavy rains this week have softened up parts of the track and the cold temps are preventing proper drying. Officials did not want to chance having problems with a full race program.
The opener will be pushed back one week, to next Sunday, May 22 with racing starting at 6 PM.
However, the track will open for a test and tune tomorrow afternoon, starting at 3 PM and lasting at least til 6.
Racing laps will help get the track back into shape and give crews another week to learn what the new clay will re-act to.
Pit will open at 2 with test time from 3 – 6?. Cost is $15.00 per person entering the pit.
The grandstand will be open FREE of charge to anyone willing to brave the cold weather
- Pactice canelled wednesday Season Opener still set for Sunday May 15
- Test and Tune TODAY Sunday May 8
- SEYMOUR RACEWAY PARK SAYS...
- Test & Tume Sunday May 8 - 5 - 8
- April 30 update
- MEETING TONIGHT
- TEST & TUNE THIS SUNDAY MAY 1 AT RACEWAY PARK
- SRP MEETINGS THIS TUESDAY APRIL 26
- March 10 update
- OPEN MEETING TONIGHT JANUARY 25
- January 25th meeting info
- OPEN MEETING MONDAY JANUARY 25TH
- UPDATE JANUARY 15, 2016
- Merry Christmas
- N.E.W. DIRT/SEYMOUR SPEEDWAY STATUS
- 2015 Seymour Speedway Season Wrap Up
- Banquet Saturday November 14 - reminder
- 2015 BANQUET INFORMATION
- Drivers payoff
- NO Race in Seymour this week, September 20, Championships final after last race
- URGENT NOTICE NO RACE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6
- Last Race THIS Sunday
- Final Race this Sunday, September 6th
- Point Battles AMP UP Tonight at Seymour
- 2nd Last race tomorrow, Sunday August 30, at Seymour
- Point races Tight Heading into final 2 weeks
- Last Practice TONIGHT
- IT'S RACE DAY, TODAY, IN SEYMOUR
- BIG Race Sunday in Seymour
- Giddy Up Western Wear Kids Club Sponsor Sunday
- Seymour Ready for Late Models on Sunday
- Summer Holiday Classic Finale this Sunday, August 23, at Seymour
- Fann Appreciation TODAY, Sunday, August 16 at Seymour
- All Set for tomorrow night at Seymour
- $5.00 admission Sunday at Seymour
- Fan Appreciation Night Sunday at Seymour
- Practice TONIGHT
- Busy day set for today, Sunday August 9
- Important update for August 9
Page 4 of 40